Twitter Interview: Dominic Rothwell, Housing 21
- Published on Friday, 14 June 2013 16:27
- Posted by Scott Buckler
Today we conducted a twitter interview with Dominic Rothwell, Director of Business Development at Housing 21. Please find below the full interview
- How are Housing 21 supporting those with dementia and Alzheimer's?
@Govtoday We put the person before the dementia, providing housing, care and end of life services, with training, research and evaluation #GTQA
- How does Housing 21 aim to improve the lives of the elderly?
@Govtoday By providing a range of services that meet their diverse needs, so they can live independently and enjoy a good later life #GTQA
- What does Housing 21 have planned to ensure it delivers a quality portfolio of care and support services?
@Govtoday We are implementing a large scale business change called Services Management Solution to help us work more efficiently #GTQA
- What is the aim of the business change?
@Govtoday To support staff to place the customer more effectively at the centre of what we do. More details here
- What can be done by the gov to improve housing for elderly?
@Govtoday People's needs fluctuate on a daily basis between health and social care. There must be integration. #GTQA
- How can telecare and telehealth support and improve elderly living?
@Govtoday These solutions provide peace of mind and a swift response, enabling older people to enjoy living independently for longer.It can help overcome the problems of loneliness and isolation, reduce hospital admissions and the time they stay in hospital. #GTQA
- How important is independent living for elderly people?
@Govtoday It's is no less important than at any other time in life. It helps improves people's wellbeing and sense of worth. #GTQA
- Is there enough housing to accommodate an ageing population?
@Govtoday No and demographics are further driving demand. There is much more to be done in providing suitable homes for older people. #GTQA
- What is the biggest chllenge facing the elderly and the housing sector?
@Govtoday there is clearly a need to offer more and better options tailored to meet the needs and aspirations of older people #GTQA