Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Greening Government
  • Page:

TOPIC: No Sustainable Procurement or Supply Chain related master classes.

No Sustainable Procurement or Supply Chain related master classes. 2 years, 2 months ago #1

Although the Sustainable Development Conference is useful and informative, I am extremely surprised and disappointed to note that there are no master classes that relate specifically to Sustainable Procurement e.g. engaging with the supply chain and Government Buying Standards etc Particularly as the Greening Government Commitments now include Sustainable Procurement as one of the key themes. The master classes in the main appear to look at the immediate Government estate and not the supply chain where a large amount percentage of our impacts lie.
However, I have been reassured that this may be included in the conference content moving forward next year. (Comment posted as requested by Gov Today, following my initial query).

Re: No Sustainable Procurement or Supply Chain related master classes. 2 years ago #2

Sally, I agree with your comment regarding supply chains. We, CH2M HILL, were originally asked to attend as sustainable supply chain consultants, but ended up (for the best reasons) doing the masterclass on energy efficiency and carbon reduction in buildings. I would welcome the opportunity to meet up and share experiences with supply chain issues with both government and private sector procurement. Do you have a free slot early in the new year? Regards, Peter

Re: No Sustainable Procurement or Supply Chain related master classes. 1 year, 1 month ago #3

"The supply chain is the key area to be involved in 'Greening government'. The procurement process must be responsible for both a sound financial outcome and a sustainable one. Purchases need to be examined for sustainability over the full lifecycle: energy efficiency, low embodied carbon, efficient recycling and low environmental impact". The degree of adherence to international standards can be used by our suppliers as evidence and should be requested in the procurement process.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds