Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Carbon Reduction Related Discussions amd Debate
  • Page:

TOPIC: Developing the vocational curriculum to prepare tomorrows workforce to deliver a low carbon economy

Developing the vocational curriculum to prepare tomorrows workforce to deliver a low carbon economy 2 years, 1 month ago #1

Our college and its international partners have just been funded by the EU for a 2 Year project that will generate vocational qualifications at Level 2 & 3 in the INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE OF LIVING (GREEN) ROOFS. Their currently is nothing available globally and while we’ve only just started the project has attracted global interest already this is going to be a (pardon the pun) growth industry. My reason for giving you this example is twofold;
(a) This is the type of thing that we should be doing and promoting in the UK
(b) If even a small number of the learning seminars cover similar learning and teaching opportunities/advancements then it would be beneficial to learn that best practice
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by Scott Buckler.

Re: Developing the vocational curriculum to prepare tomorrows workforce to deliver a low carbon economy 1 year, 1 month ago #2

I note it has been a year since this was posted however the issue is as important today as it ever was. In fact my work at Severn Wye Energy Agency (SW England and Wales) has been focused on this issue for a number of years now, broaching the green skills gap and raising awareness of the vast array of jobs and skills relevant to the green economy, every job must change to accommodate the challenges of now and the future.
In particular our education projects aim at raising the issues to those on the cusp of decision making about their futures, secondary school students, and yet so poorly supported by appropriate careers guidance. We also work to develop entry level qualifications related to energy management skills and awareness of technologies and issues. We are proud of our achievements but agree there is so much more to be done.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds