Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Reducing HCAIs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Over dependence on alchohol?

Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year, 1 month ago #1

Is there an alternative to alchoholic handwash/gels? Can you let the community know what your'e using, and which is most effective?

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year, 1 month ago #2

Hi TIna,

My names Adele and I work for a company called Advanced Formulation we manufacture a hand sanitizer and Gel and hand wash which is approved via the NHS called No_Germs which is a NON - Alcohol so kinder for your hands but has all the test results and kills same as alcohol gel

For further info lease give me a call 0208-640-4444 our product can be obtain also via the NHS supply chain .

Contact me and I am happy to send samples out

adele

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year ago #3

What ever happened to good old soap and water

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year ago #4

indeed!

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year ago #5

Hi Tina

You can take a look at Synergy Health's Assure hand sanitisers are completely alcohol free which comes in three different sizes - 50ml,600ml & 800ml.  We have performed many trials and studies on it, it is officially recognized as the most cost effective (calculated against all other competitors).  We are currently running promotions on it too on the NHSSC, codes are MRB646, MRB623 and MRB648.

Let me know if you need further information on it.

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year ago #6

Soap and Water are great even the best, if water and soap are nearby and you didn't just soap and water wash your hands minutes previously. Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol sanitizers, the most common standby sanitizer, may lead to ICD irritable contact dermatitis, a condition some 70% of care workers suffer from, largely from washing their hands excessively, but as required by good hygiene practices. Alcohol sanitizers being used mostly when water and soap were not handy, or when they had just washed their hands moments earlier and the nurse, doctor, care worker did not believe they had time to repeat the process. Quickly spraying with an alcohol sanitizer was faster and was believed nearly as effective.
Unfortunately as per your comment on why not soap and water, most workers did not understand the need to keep alcohol on their skin for 30 seconds in order for it to work, and as alcohol dries in under 12 seconds it requires three applications to be effective. Even if kept on for 30 seconds as soon as it dries it stops working so the next thing you touch you are contaminated again.

All this washing and alcohol sanitizing has reached that point that for health care workers ICD is now regarded as an occupational hazard. Hygiene demands sanitization, so until very recently the only options were to knowingly damage your skin for the sake of hygiene.

Fortunately new technology in skin care has made it possible to create superior non-alcohol non damaging sanitizers, that work just as fast as the alcohol,(30 seconds EN1500) but unlike alcohol whose effectiveness ends as soon as it is dry, the non-alcohol sanitizers incorporating quaternum compounds into their formulations can kill as effectively and in some germs
more effectively than alcohol sprays or gels. The effectiveness of one
such alcohol free sanitizer www.No-Germs.com recently approved for use by the NHS (EN1500 30 seconds) is from 2-4 hours depending on the germs killed.
Equally impressive as its effectiveness on MRSA, Bird Flu H1N1 and Swine Flu
H5N1 is its effectiveness on Norovirus, the later being something even alcohol cannot kill. Moreover the product is guaranteed not to dry out the skin from continued use.

For more information regarding No-Germs please contact the office on 0208 640 4444

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year ago #7

Hi TIna,

My names Adele and I work for a company called Advanced Formulation we manufacture a hand sanitizer and Gel and hand wash which is approved via the NHS called No_Germs which is a NON - Alcohol so kinder for your hands but has all the test results and kills same as alcohol gel

For further info lease give me a call 0208-640-4444 our product can be obtain also via the NHS supply chain .

Contact me and I am happy to send samples out

adele

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 1 year ago #8

Assure® Antimicrobial Hand Sanitiser can help fight against Norovirus 
Recent freezing weather has caused a national outbreak of the 'winter vomiting bug' Norovirus, which infects as many as one million people in the UK every year1
Since the beginning of October 2011, 329 outbreaks have been reported (187 in December 2011), 213 (65%) were reported as leading to ward closures, and 195 (59%) were laboratory confirmed norovirus outbreaks2.   

Rigorous hand hygiene in the home is essential to preventing such infection, according to Synergy Health, which cites research by the Hygiene Council that shows that two-thirds of Britons don’t follow basic hygiene. The findings showed that many people don't wash their hands after using the toilet, before they prepare food or after coughing and sneezing, while nearly a quarter of the population handles food after stroking their pets.  
Norovirus is highly resistant as it can survive on hard surfaces for up to seven days in the environment3 and can be transferred to skin, and can lead to infection through being transferred to the mouth and ingested.

"Most people will recover from the Norovirus infection, which causes severe vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, fever, aching and tiredness, but elderly people and those with reduced immunity may develop complications" said Dr. Jimmy Kwok, Managing Director for Infection Prevenion & Control Solutions at Synergy Health. 

Assure® Antimicrobial Hand Sanitiser kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria, including Norovirus, MRSA, E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria and VRE.  The hand mousse contains a unique antimicrobial technology that provides effective 24-hour protection against infections and minimises the risk of cross infection long after it has been applied due to an effective barrier that remains on the skin to offer sustained protection. 

The alcohol -free formulation, which complies with European Certification Standards EN 1276 and EN 1500, helps prevent dry skin and requires no water or rinsing, leaving hands soft and moisturised.  As the formulation is fragrance-free and colour-free the potential for skin irritation is also minimised.  

Quality performance of Assure® Antimicrobial Hand Sanitiser is supported by scientific evidence; 
• 48% reduction in reported patient infections during a 4 month care home trial4.
• Water-based Assure® has been shown to eliminate a greater number of micro-organisms compared to alcohol-based hand rub5.
• No adverse reaction or skin sensitivities were reported when using Assure® in the clinical setting6.

Free samples available on request.

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 12 months ago #9

Advanced Formulations (Europe) Uk developed the first Alcohol free hand sanitizers in the world some 7 years ago and is the leading number 1 alcohol free hand sanitizers in Europe distributing to over 13 countries worldwide.

Over the last 7 years Advanced Formulations has re formulated No-Germs 18 times adjusting the formula to effectively kill MRSA, H1N1, H5N1, Norovirus and over 99.9% of all germs and viruses while restricting our use of anti bacterial ingredients to those accepted as safe and gentle on the skin.

We have now supplied the NHS for over three years and as a UK born and manufactured local brand have been involved in supplying the RAF, many of the constabularies, schools, universities and health professionals throughout the UK for over 7 years from our factory in Wimbledon. We are also the number one non alcohol hand sanitiser on the retail level in the UK with sales in most pharmacy and supermarket chains throughout the country

No-Germs complies with European Certification Standards and EN 1500,EN12054, MRSA, H1N1, H5N1,

However probably one of our greatest claims to success in helping heatlh workers comply with their acquired infection protocols is our ability to guarantee that the product will not dry out the skin or leave a residue build up even with repeated use. Even more fortunate with an effectiveness of 2-4 hours every application the number of re-applications is minimal, saving the NHS money, saving the healthcare workers time, but mostly by assuring the users that it is in fact protecting their hands and their patients from infection. Gentle enough to drink (it doesn’t taste great) the latest addition to a health care workers arsenal against the spread of infection is little less than a wonder product whose time has come after 20 years of 80% of health care workers acquiring Irritable Contact Dermatitis ICD from soap and alcohol based sanitizers.

Please contact Adele on 0208-640-444 for test results or samples

Re: Over dependence on alchohol? 11 months, 3 weeks ago #10

Gosh - I thought this topic was going to be about my port-tippling habit.
For handwashing, I use soap.

One question, though - why do medics and others now wear their uniforms to and from work? I would have thought that clothing would be a key carrier for germs, even if you do wash your hands?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds