Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Reducing HCAIs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prevention in the community as well as the healthcare environment

Prevention in the community as well as the healthcare environment 1 year, 1 month ago #1

We will only truly be able to prevent pressure ulcers in the UK if all aspects of healthcare co-ordinate to educate both those at risk and those caring for those at risk. Do you think this is a job that should be undertaken by the NHS?

Re: Prevention in the community as well as the healthcare environment 1 year, 1 month ago #2

unfortunately i think that would be the answer to many of the problems faced in todays healthcare system but communication is never key between different departments in the same building let alone a whole different sector.
But yes, for the sake of the patient, i agree that a more efficient and effective service could be offered if businesses didn't see acute and surgical care as separate entities.

Re: Prevention in the community as well as the healthcare environment 12 months ago #3

With the mergers of community health services with acute trusts in relation to all the reforms taking place with PCTs, infection control monitoring of HCAIs through these mergers are very important. Lapses in practices and procedures can occur whilst these integrations take place where lines of responsibilities and the commisioning-provider split becomes complicated. This is even more apparent where shared spaces are used by both providers of services.
With more complicated care being carried out in the community after discharge from hospital, this is even more apparent for stringent infection control and prevention of HCAIs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds