Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Reducing HCAIs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Challenges at the front line

Challenges at the front line 5 days, 15 hours ago #1

So, what do colleagues feel are the main issues facing staff in the front line of service delivery when trying to reduce HCAIs? Lack of knowledge of current rates? Staff shortages? Fast turnover? Increasing numbers of very ill patients and reducing bed numbers? Financial constraints? Would like to hear the views of forum members!

Martin Kiernan
Last Edit: 4 days, 22 hours ago by Matthew Abbott.

Re: Challenges at the front line 3 days, 15 hours ago #2

Main issues facing front line service delivery

Shortage of staff; financial constrains; reduced number of beds even though the turn off of very ill is increased and high stress level (work related).

Re: Challenges at the front line 1 day, 19 hours ago #3

Odd as this may sound; I believe some of the the issues facing some staff today may well hinge on a lack of empowerment, motivation, empathy and most of all - being happy at work! Managers should be trained in motivational methods that will reduce the negative impact which a lack of knowledge, shortages, staff turnover, financial constraints, etc may have on staff by leading, delegating and trusting staff to do a good job. This should enthuse staff to take on their responsibilities seriously and perform their job well; thus, in the long term, having a positive impact towards a reduction in HCAIs! Having said all this I do believe the majority of staff do work hard and do their best to reduce HCAIs and should be praised!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds