Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Reducing HCAIs
  • Page:

TOPIC: Failures/Success Stories in Implementing IPC procedures

Failures/Success Stories in Implementing IPC procedures 9 months, 1 week ago #1

As can be seen from my other threads, i'm doing an MSc project looking at the different types of evidence that HCWs use to advocate local IPC practices, especially with regard to SSI prevention strategies...
... Are there any personal comments/stories that may be able to illustrate how simple/hard it is to advocate new IPC practices in general, e.g. finding recent evidence, implementing a National Guideline into Local/Trust procedures or just any success stories that you may have?

Re: Failures/Success Stories in Implementing IPC procedures 6 months, 3 weeks ago #2

It has been a major concern of the inappropriate use of gloves which causes increased risk of cross contamination. It is hard to make staff understand that disposable gloves should be used appropriately when dealing with excrement or bodily secretions only and for basic washing and daily care of the patients, pushing trolleys or other equipment. Gloves should also never be worn when walking through corridors touching door handles or furnishings in all communal areas. These are all activities of which I have witnessed occurring and of which are dangerous to the well being of patients and also to staff. It will be nice if care staff could understand that and change their behaviour.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds